Wizardry 7

Topic actions

First post, by Zanderat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great proggie!

Got W7 running. Have two quick questions:

1) How to save? Whenever I try to save my game, I get an ingame error message "disk error". SInce DosBox emulates an entire pc, can you save games?

2) Soundblaster settings for W7? PC speaker works, but not Soundblaster.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by murlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1/ in the version I have, Music & Sound works with Sound Blaster but all volume was at 0...

2/ for save, have you changed the path in Configuration ? and have you tried to mount a 'floppy' with a 'mount a c:\floppy -t floppy' ?

3/ otherwise you can try the Gold version which works under W311 and 98 (not yet tested with my new 2000)

My 2 cents,

Murlock

edit: Which version DosBox do you use ?
I've done all that with the CVS EXE

Reply 2 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Wizardry 7 works, no need to mount any floppy.

1. Saving - you must choose directory properly
See the following thread:

http://www.softwarespecialties.com/dcforum/DC … umID6/822.html#

Citation from the thread:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone ever encountered a problem saving the game with dosbox? Im using it, and everytime I try to save the game I get a yellow button that says disc error.

Yes, but the fix is easy. If, like me, you set up c: to really point to C:\dsavant then when saving change the directory to just c: and not c:\dsavant. C:\dsavant would be an invalid directory that actually points to c:\dsavant\dsavant, which doesn't exist.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. SoundBlaster effects - I was not able to make it work (music is ok - I tested it even on normal ISA SB Pro compatible card and the intro music in Wizardry 7 is really so ugly as it sounds in DOSBOX).

3. Wizardry Gold - well, unless you are lucky you will have problems with speed of messages (there is in game setting, but rather useless - this may be a bug only on AMD processors, I am not certain - I managed to overcome it by installing in Connectix Virtual PC). Real hardcore Wizardy fans also do not like Wizardy Gold because a bug in negotiaon with NPCs (but the game is playable, it just limits a bit player's options),

Mirek

Last edited by mirekluza on 2003-09-11, 05:53. Edited 1 time in total.