VOGONS

First post, by gish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I'm running the latest CVS version of DosBox on my P41.4Ghz machine.

I'm trying to run all those all Sierra AGI games with the PCJr/Tandy 3 voice sounds. I've selected 'tandy=true' under the sound options in the conf file but when I start the game, all I get is the single voice tweeter.

I've tried disabling the tweeter, and SB, and still no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Is there another parameter I need to change in the conf to get the Tandy 3 voice thing going for those AGI games?

Thanks guys!
gish

Reply 1 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Tandy support is not complete. I thought the sound module was, but maybe not. I know there is no Tandy VIDEO mode, so if the game tries to use Tandy video, you're SOL.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 4, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well actually there is support for the tandy video mode, the common 320x200x16 anyway, although something still seems to be wrong with the colors at time. There is also some bios stuff missing for games to detect it actually being a tandy but with some games you can just force to tandy and at least they show something 😜

Reply 3 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

CANADACOW implemented better support for Tandy graphic & sound into DOSBOX. Unfortunately it was not ever completely integrated into DOSBOX CVS (there were some big changes being done in graphic routines - VESA modes etc. - so it was probably postponed on later). So it is available only as part of speciall build of DOSBOX 0.57 on his homepage (there is one small link in the upper part of the page):

http://www.artworxinn.com/alex

Or if you want to integrate it into new sources, I think that it is in patches area on sourceforge (but remember that it was designed for DOSBOX 0.57).
It is probable that sooner or later the functionality will be added to the standard DOSBOX. But I do not know when.

Mirek

Reply 4 of 4, by gish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I do recall a Tandy Patch in the previously released DosBox. I guess that Tandy patch didn't make its way to the CVS version. I'll be willing to patch the CVS version with the tandy patch if I
ll make it available if anyone wants it.

Thanks!
gish