VOGONS

First post, by lamarampa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm very new to this, so please humor me if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.

I'm running Aces of the Pacific in DosBox. It runs fine - until I plug in the joystick. DosBos recognizes the joystick as it starts. The problem is that the game sound falls completely to pieces - stuttering, stopping, starting.

What do I do to fix this?

A humble supplicant

Reply 2 of 7, by lamarampa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried cranking up the cycles, and it made no difference (other than to freeze the program entirely past a certain point).

The problem isn't confined to this one game, either: I get the bad sound with any game if the joystick is plugged in. I don't think there's anything wrong with the joystick - it works perfectly in every other context.

Any other ideas? You guys are great!

Reply 3 of 7, by lamarampa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The problem is more extensive and weirder than I thought. If I run *any* game in DOSbox with the joystick plugged in, the game either won't run in the first place or runs erratically or seizes up. This happens with any joystick (I have several) plugged into the (SBLive) gameport.

Is there a fix for this, or do I simply have to start using the keyboard for old flight sims (yuk)?

All help greatly appreciated.

Reply 4 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Is your joystick allright ?
if it is emiting small changes all the time then dosbox get's many joystick changed events. Those have to processed and that takes time.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!