VOGONS

First post, by laangelsrule

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running DOSbox on a dell with XP and when i try to run x-wing, the program shuts down. Anyone able to get x-wing to work with DOSbox?

Reply 3 of 11, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
laangelsrule wrote:

I am running DOSbox on a dell with XP and when i try to run x-wing, the program shuts down. Anyone able to get x-wing to work with DOSbox?

have you installed the game within dosbox of your original disc(s) ?

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 4 of 11, by Mr_486

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

eL_PuSHeR:
Do you not get tired of moving every single post in this forum to the DOSBox forum?

As I said in another thread can someone not rearrange the index page slightly so people find the right forum first time?

Reply 5 of 11, by laangelsrule

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I turned the sound off, also tried several other options. I am using two different downloads of the game - they work with an online version of DOSbox (version .72) and it works with that but many times I am not online and unable to access the game otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

Reply 9 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

only for a very brief period of time.
they replaced with a normal build later
(and it was a normal build to begin with, it was just a "wrapper" around the dosbox executable.)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 10 of 11, by laangelsrule

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

huh, very interesting. . . thanks for the heads up, guess i'll go back up my computer now just in case. if anything bad happens, i'll be sure to post where i downloaded the stuff from