VOGONS

First post, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya,

I managed to install Mechwarrior 2 under dosbox 0.73 without problems. When I ran the game the first time, there was white noise for music and I turned off the music.

When I run it now, there is neither sound nor music.

On top of that I have some keyboard trouble. [SPACE] is supposed to fire the selected weapon, and then cycle to the next. [ENTER]/[RETURN] is supposed to cycle through the weapons. However both [SPACE] and [ENTER/RETURN] fires the selected weapon and cycles to the next.

I'm using dosbox 0.73 under OpenSUSE 11.2 64 bit and I believe its Mechwarrior 2 ver. 1.1

Best regards,

Daqar

Reply 1 of 13, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Verify that SFX is configured correctly in the game setup.

As for Music it won't work unless you are using a CUE/BIN image of the game mounted via imgmount.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 13, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Verify that SFX is configured correctly in the game setup.

As for Music it won't work unless you are using a CUE/BIN image of the game mounted via imgmount.

Ok, so I might have to re-install the game. The soundcard setup that I need to use is the one that dosbox displays when starting up, right?

I'm already using CUE/BIN image of the cd. But I'm not sure which one to mount. Does that matter?

I'll try and find and delete that 'mapper.txt' file...Is it a dosbox file or mechwarrior 2 file?

Daqar

Reply 6 of 13, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

yes,
cue file, yet it matters
a dosbox file

I'm already mounting the cue file. That leaves a re-install of the game, and I need to remove mapper.exe.

I can't find mapper.exe, I made a search for it on my system. I'm quite new to linux, so I don't know if I managed to do a search on the entire system. I know for a fact that the file is NOT in /home/jacob/.dosbox/

Daqar

Reply 7 of 13, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't find the edit button, so I'll have to post a new reply:

I just tried reinstalling, making sure I was using a soundblaster card and the address 220. Still no sound. This problem also occurs in Doom2 and Heretic, so I'm not sure its a game-specific problem anymore...

Daqar

Reply 9 of 13, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Daqar wrote:

I was using a soundblaster card and the address 220. Still no sound. This problem also occurs in Doom2 and Heretic, so I'm not sure its a game-specific problem anymore...

you also need to use irq and dma

Reply 10 of 13, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote:
Daqar wrote:

I was using a soundblaster card and the address 220. Still no sound. This problem also occurs in Doom2 and Heretic, so I'm not sure its a game-specific problem anymore...

you also need to use irq and dma

Even though I tried to set up the soundcard manually I wasn't allowed to set irq or dma...I dunno why. After setting the address 220, the installer just said the device was detected successfully. Actually it also claims that when autodetecting the soundcard.

I still can't find mapper.exe what folder should it be in?

Daqar

Reply 11 of 13, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what is your dosbox version and where have you got it from?
what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?
what games have problems?
post your exact mountings
post what is written after you mounted
post content of "DOSBox Status Window"
enclose your dosbox's config file