VOGONS

First post, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya,

I've made Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat work in Dosbox 0.73. I'm trying to make MW2: Ghost Bear's Legacy work now. With MW2: 31st CC installed correctly I tried putting the Ghost Bear's Legacy CD in the drive, mount it and run the install. I got an error message from the installer, saying that I need to install from the CD. I then made an iso-file from the CD, mounted that, and ran the installer. This works. But the installer asks me to put in 31st CC cd in the drive. How do I do that?

I tried to mount the 31st CC cd as D:\ and Ghost Bear's Legacy as E:\
The installer doesn't know how to deal with this.

So I need to fx mount the Ghost Bear's Legacy as D:\, start the installer, and then without exiting the installer, mount 31st CC as D:\, and then back to Ghost Bear's Legacy.

How do I do that? Or is there a much easier way of doing this?

If it means anything, I'm using DosBox 0.73 under linux. OpenSuse 11.2 64bit, to be exact.

Best regards,

Daqar

Reply 2 of 7, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can mount multiple images in one go and swap them while DOSBox is running. You'll find more info in the DOSBox readme, section "IMGMOUNT". You basically call the "imgmount" command with one drive letter and a series if images, and then cycle/swap the images with a hotkey.

robertmo, are you actually reading what people are writing? This is about image swapping, which isn't explained or even mentioned in MiniMax' guide.

Reply 4 of 7, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never had to, but i've looked at it before posting above reply. Disc swapping is not explained in that guide. No wonder, as the guide doesn't explain the "imgemount" command at all.

Reply 5 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it looks you have to, looking is not enough for you:
Note 3: The first time you assign (mount) a CD/DVD (or a diskette for that matter), DOSBox will scan the media and remember which files that are on the CD. This means, that whenever you swap CD's, you need to press CTRL-F4 to force DOSBox to re-scan the media and re-build its view of what is on the CD.

also read OP's post (he is not using images)

also readme is recommended in the guide too:
For more information on DOSBox and how to use it, please visit some of these pages:
The DOSBox ReadMe file.
Essential reading and your first source of information on how to start DOSBox, how to mount drives, change keyboard layout, etc, etc.

Reply 6 of 7, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I then made an iso-file from the CD, mounted that, and ran the installer. This works. But the installer asks me to put in 31st CC cd in the drive. How do I do that?

So I need to fx mount the Ghost Bear's Legacy as D:\, start the installer, and then without exiting the installer, mount 31st CC as D:\, and then back to Ghost Bear's Legacy.

How do I do that? Or is there a much easier way of doing this?

In the english language, questions are denoted by a question mark at the end of a sentence. The above quotes are the only questions in the original post i can see. The link you've provided doesn't answer either of them.

Minimax' tutorial still doesn't deal with disk swapping (=image swapping in this case).