VOGONS

First post, by Igor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I wonder why I don't have music working with Monkey Island 2. I get no errors from the game or dosbox. Other games I've tried - including Monkey Island 1, Dynablaster, Commander Keen 3, JetPack - work flawlessly and do have excellent midi and wave sounds.

I'm using Dosbox 0.58 under Debian sid. I've got a self-compiled 2.6.0-test5 kernel with ALSA (including OSS emulation) support as modules (and they are loaded). I have no other sound problems.

Hardware: Soltek SL-75DRV (VIA KT266A), Athlon XP 1700+, Soundblaster 128 PCI (es1371)

Reply 2 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try monkey2.exe /? to see a list of available command-line parameters. Check your command line if you are using a BATCH file to run it. You may need to specify a command-line option for sound.

Reply 4 of 4, by Eppis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had a similar problem. The music worked after specifying the parameter, but when I load a save game it says "Sound card changed... May invalidate save game," or something of the sort. The game works fine, but unfortunately there is no music. The sound effects work, though. I have tried this with Soundblaster and Adlib. Is there a way to work around this?

I am fairly certain the game was saved using Soundblaster with default settings so I don't know why it detects it as changed. Does Dosbox emulate Roland? ScummVM works fine but I would have to start the game all over again. As a matter of fact it would probably work fine if I just used Dosbox from the beginning.

Thank you for your help!