VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your rig could be overheating (the XP one), you might have faulty memory; faulty video card; some driver that isn't playing nice; faulty cable; faulty HDD; some crapware that doesn't like DirectX (or "direct" video access), BSODS are another matter entirely then, if they happen with most or every game.
You could try the virtualbox solution on your new right, for Redguard, that is.

Reply 21 of 27, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well at this point my only hope is to figure out how to get redguard xngine or 3dfx version to work properly on 0.74 and guilkoza cvs build respectively.Or wait till I can get some money for a gaming rig and make a partition with xp installed.So at this point I think we should focus on getting it to work on this rig.Man I hope I can get this to work so I can beat it and move onto morrowind.

Reply 22 of 27, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wanna know if anyone actually knows if the clavicus vile problem still happens and why my games is having trouble finding these files and freezing or say error 2 out of memory yet I have using max memory,ems is off I tried lower and that didn't work and I have 4 gb of memory.That or how to configure the 3dfx cvs dosbox to run good also if the clavicus viles realm happens in guilkoza's build. I wanna beat this so I can move onto morrowind.

Reply 23 of 27, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably nobody got that far to see if that problem happens...

Does the problem of freezing when saving the game occur at the begining of the game?

Also there isn't some magical config setting that would make the game work or not. The same recommedations apply for Redguard as for any demanding game. The only exception is you have to start it with 15K cycles in Glide mode and switch to max later and have enough (63MB) memsize set for larger levels to load (again, most testing happens in the begining of the game...if problems occur later, it is best to provide a save game so that it can be tested)

Reply 25 of 27, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well at this point I will just read the synopsis on the imperial library and move onto morrowind at least until the time I or some on can fix one of these errors or if a new version of dosbox eliminates the clavicus viles realm issue if that even still exists.