VOGONS

Reply 40 of 49, by thedoctor45

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After building from the latest SDL 1.2 source the 16Bit fullscreen color bug is gone - I´ve attached the libraries copy them into /opt/local/lib if you have macports installed or put them into Wrapper.app/Contents/Resources/lib if you're using my DOSBox wrapper apps what I posted on here earlier.

http://cl.ly/1Q090R0R2D2x

Reply 41 of 49, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thanks for the heads up, need to check this out 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 43 of 49, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Will have to try with my own build. I am using the latest SDL 1.2x code for the snapshots so unless a commit passed by unnoticed my snapshot should be fine as well.

UNLESS... The openglhq patch fixes this 😉

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 45 of 49, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmm, the high color GTA is still not working for me even though I have the latest SDL 1.2 hg with the last change from the 1st of December.

Hmm, the reason might be that I'm building the 64bit version against 10.6 SDK for the highest compatibility. Will have to see what happens if I built against 10.9 SDK and min version 10.9...
Not today, though 😀

Reply 46 of 49, by thedoctor45

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If it still doesn't work for you here's my build script:

#!/bin/sh
export CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -arch i386'
export CXX='/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386'
export GCOV='/usr/bin/gcov-4.2 -arch i386'
./autogen.sh

./configure --enable-static --disable-video-x11 --enable-video-cocoa --without-x --prefix=/opt/local

make clean
make
make install

as you can see it was built without X11 so that might have been the cause.

Reply 47 of 49, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I had no time. The without-x11 is not the culprit, my build is also without it 😉

What's your system and xcode version right now? I mainly ask to make sure to build against the same SDK

Reply 49 of 49, by loque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Orka Borka wrote:

I'm still affected by this bug, on a i3 iMac with ATI 5670. Despite what they say on this thread it shows even when dosbox is configured not just as vgaonly but even as svga_s3, using stock "Dosbox 0.74 Preferences" file.
Green tint while running as windowed and palette swap if dosbox is configured to run at fullscreen. (and It actually shows on screenshot, too.)
Should I just rebuild it using a newer version of DosBox? or is there any other way to fix this regression?

Hi,

I also had the exact same problem on mac.
Mostly with the exact same game (trucks) that you posted in the screenshot.

Download and install Boxer (always based on dosbox), works perfectly.

Ciao 😉