VOGONS

First post, by Wulf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've managed to install this via DOSbox 0.74, and it works - albeit a little jerkily, I'll have to work on the framerate. But when I attempt to connect a joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro), the cursor heads for the top left of the screen and stays there... I can, after a bit of struggling, activate the in game configuration routine, successfully, and it is fully configured in Windows, but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else seen this, and has a solution? The game's a bit hard to play by keybaord, and I find mouse control way too unstable (as in, my sub wanders all over the place).

edit: I have tried the various DOSbox joystick emulation settings.

Reply 3 of 12, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

well mine does 😜 (relises how ghetto that sounded 🙁) Um, I can't really help you there, I don't know how well dosbox supports usb interface because I have both ps2 on my keyboard and mouse.

Reply 11 of 12, by tidegear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have almost the same problem with an Xbox One controller. I'm playing the GOG.com release of the game. The GOG setup already uses fixed cycles and setting timed=false didn't work.

Here's my post on the GOG forums... https://www.gog.com/forum/subwar_2050_complet … _one_controller

Thanks!

Reply 12 of 12, by tidegear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found a fix for my Xbox One (XInput) controller with Subwar 2050! The default GOG settings work fine without changing them. What you need to do, is run install.exe or config.exe in the game's directory using DOSBox and choose "Reconfigure Hardware Options". Then, when you get to "Control Method", choose "Joystick" using the space bar not enter. Now, hit enter, and it should say "Configuration File Written".

Now, when you start the game, it will ask you to configure the Joystick!