VOGONS

trouble with Alien Legacy

Topic actions

First post, by scottydu81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

am running the disc from dosbox. i have run other games on dosbox, so i know i have the right folders and drives mounted. in fact, i run the disc and i install it, and it goes all the way through the install procedure, but when i type "AL" to start the game, it tells me to put the disc in the drive even though it is.

im sure about two of you have played this game, but i really liked it when i was younger, so id like tp get it to work. any help will be greatly appreciated

Reply 4 of 39, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The readme tells you

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 14 of 39, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

For example but you should mount d not mount e...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 17 of 39, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1) Use "mount d" instead of "mount e".
2) It sounds like you already mounted something as a cdrom. See that the the autoexec section in DOSBox Settings doesn't already have a mounting.

Reply 19 of 39, by scottydu81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i went into my autoexec and deleted the MOUNT section. i opened dosbox, then typed
mount e e:\ -t cdrom -label Al_cd_v110 (the e drive is my cd drive, and it works on my other dos game)

i tried to run it and it still wont read. im beginning to think i wont be able to play this game. and i really appreciate you guys helping me out, thank you for your help so far.