VOGONS

First post, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Help, please, lads.
I know there is a way to mount multiple ISOs or IMGs in a Windows Dosbox conf. file in the Autoexec, but I have looked at several threads and FAQ's and wiki entries, but no deal. I did see a thread in some other forum suggesting Boxer. But i don't like frontends, no offense. It's much too noobish for me.
If I have no choice, I shall burn the discs and use my Macbooks real DVD drive as the Dosbox CD, but if there is an way to do it like Window's Dosbox, I'd prefer it.
Thanks!

Reply 1 of 11, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You mean something like this?

[autoexec]
mount C "."
imgmount D "ADV\PHANM2_1.ISO" "ADV\PHANM2_2.ISO" "ADV\PHANM2_3.ISO" "ADV\PHANM2_4.ISO" "ADV\PHANM2_5.ISO" -t iso
C:
cd \ADV\PHANMAG2
call P2DOS.BAT
exit

Multi floppy mount is not supported.

Reply 2 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yep, that should work and if you have bin/cue image you need to imgmount the cue and the cue has to point to the correct path of the bin (if in the same folder, just the name of the bin).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 11, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, but this does not work. Where is the path of where my 4 BIN/CUEs are stored? What does "ADV" refer to? Where is the full path? The path I have always used for the ISOs is:

imgmount d /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD

So I have always placed the ISOs, Bin/CUEs, IMGs, etc files here and they have worked.
I did try it like so, but no luck:

imgmount d /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/"DISC1.cue" "DISC2.cue" "DISC3.cue" "DISC4.cue" -t iso

And I assume the " " marks used are only used with multiple image files, correct?

Reply 5 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

imgmount d /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/DISC1.cue /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/DISC2.cue /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/DISC3.cue /users/Freddyimac/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/DISC4.cue -t iso

The "" are not needed at all, AFAIK, only useful if your path contains spaces

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 11, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

imgmount E "/Volumes/External HD/Emulators/DOSBox/cdrom/S2.cdr" "/Volumes/External HD/Emulatores/DOSBox/cdrom/SimCity2.cdr" -t iso -size 2048,63,16,142

the part "/volumes/External HD/..." could be shortened, when stored inside your user's folder:
imgmount "~/documents/s2.cdr" -t iso

Klimawandel.

Reply 7 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

don't do the size thing for isos or bin/cue. Not needed and a possible source of problems. Only needed for hd images (and there is autosize to get that)

Reply 8 of 11, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cuttock wrote:

Thanks, but this does not work. Where is the path of where my 4 BIN/CUEs are stored? What does "ADV" refer to? Where is the full path?

It was just an example; I'm using a relative path here. This path is relative to the CWD, and in this example, has a ADV subdirectory in it with the various ISOs. Using relative paths might shorten the command a bit and works well.

Reply 9 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yep, for example if your dos games are all in /users/Freddyimac/games/dos, put the isos right into that folder as well and then do:
mount c /users/Freddyimac/games/dos
imgmount d DISC1.cue DISC2.cue DISC3.cue DISC4.cue -t iso

This way dosbox will first look in c:\ as well for the images, find and mount them 😀

Reply 10 of 11, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Dominus, wie gehts?
Alright! This worked well. It's is just what I needed. Disks swapped and all!
So the path of each BIN/CUE was needed, and i only typed the path once. That was the error.

Thanks to you and rcblanke for the aid.
IIGS USer, nice to see a Macintosh Garden legend on a thread of mine. Thank you!! I hope other people with this problem will find this thread useful!

Reply 11 of 11, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cuttock wrote:

IIGS USer, nice to see a Macintosh Garden legend on a thread of mine. Thank you!! I hope other people with this problem will find this thread useful!

Thanks for the welcome, as I've learned something new: 😉

Dominus wrote:

don't do the size thing for isos or bin/cue. Not needed and a possible source of problems. Only needed for hd images (and there is autosize to get that)

Klimawandel.