VOGONS

Tocuhe...

Topic actions

First post, by santi_evil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I´ve try all possible combinations but i can´t play it... somebody has done it???
How woukd must be the command line plizzzz ???

Thank u 🙄

Reply 3 of 8, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i actually got that game to run under WinXP,
without having to adjust anything. the mouse scrolled too slowly though.
it ran absolutely perfect in Win98, btw.

anyway, wasn't there something with Touche needing to be installed in C:\TOUCHE in order for it to work?
in that case, you should probably mount your C-drive in dosbox and then run the game. (so the path touche is located in, is the same in dosbox)
hope that helps. if not, i'll see if i can get it to work.

Last edited by Dark Knight ez on 2003-11-12, 11:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 8, by santi_evil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can play it if i restart in dos mode, havin' installed the game in a directory (not necessary c:\TOUCHE because only need changue the comand line of fakecd...) 😐

A dosbox *.txt said that it can be played with dosbox, but i haven't could play it... the question is if somebody have could play TOUCHE with dosbox and if could write here the necessary command line...plizzzzz...

😊 😊 😊

Unfortunatelly i haven't found the mode.... somebody can help me ???
😵 😵
Thnx.... and sorry for my bad english... 😁

Reply 5 of 8, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got my version of Touche from The Underdogs
it doesn't contain speech, and all, so it's probably another version BUT
it works fine with me, using dosbox.
again, it needs to be installed in c:\touche\
use dosbox to mount your c-drive (mount c c:\) and just go to the touche-directory and run touche.exe

of course, if you're using the cdrom too, you'll need to mount it (mount d d:\ -t cdrom)... d being the drive letter for the cdrom in this case.

i think it should work... and if not, you could always download the version i played at the link above, and play the game without speech.

Reply 6 of 8, by MAN-biker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

RiP version of Touche works fine in DOSBox because of EXE was cracked by pirates.
My full CD-copy DON'T works in DOSBox (it works fine in REAL DOS MODE, but not from DOSBox).
I have compared EXE files from full version and cracked one and found a byte which allow a full game works fine too in DOSBox!
Check my comment here

or read following:

============
Full version needs to fix one byte in main EXE (game don't works in DOSBox without this fix):
1. Copy all contents of CD to folder on HDD.
2. Open TOUCHE.EXE in any HEX-editor, go to offset 0x17ED4 (17ED4h) and replace "75" with "EB". SAVE FILE.
3. Run DOSBox and mount this folder as CD-ROM D: (or other). 4. Install & setup game as usual (installl it to "C:\TOUCHE")...
=============

If abybody need my help, just ask me:

manbiker@mail.ru
http://manbiker.nm.ru
http://manbiker.narod.ru

Games' collection 1983-2017. Nickname MAN-biker is registered!
Black Sect Remake (AGS) - Russian version
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos [CD] - Russian version
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans - Full walkthrough

Reply 7 of 8, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MAN-biker wrote:

2. Open TOUCHE.EXE in any HEX-editor, go to offset 0x17ED4 (17ED4h) and replace "75" with "EB". SAVE FILE.

75 is a JNE instruction (jump if not equal), EB a JMP instruction (unconditional jump). Of course there's no way to tell what was tested by the JNE without further investigation of the disassembly...

JAL

Reply 8 of 8, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My version of Touche is from Home of the Underdogs.
I have a problem - I can't run it with DOSBox (v. 0.62).
The screen freezes; and when I hit "enter" or "escape" DOSBox kicks me out...

Anyone got any ideas?