VOGONS

Blood

Topic actions

First post, by Comreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was looking through the game compatibility list at Dosbox.com and I saw that someone got Blood to run under dosbox. When I try to run Blood under dosbox, it doesn't quite work. It takes awhile to get through all the title images (with the publisher and whatnot) and when it gets to the blood intro screen, the video locks. I can hear the game sounds in the background but I can't do anything. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Last edited by Comreak on 2003-11-11, 11:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by frip

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep getting the same video pauses as yourself, if you turn off all features and sound these are reduced. The main reason tho is blood requires at least pentium 75. Dosbox can reach approx 486DX 100 currently, give this one some time.

Reply 3 of 8, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought Blood worked in every single last version of Windows so far? Doesn`t it work in XP? I`m a win98 personally so I`ve never tested it in XP.

Two stones, two crosses, the rest is just icing. - 7th Guest

Reply 5 of 8, by Comreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
frip wrote:

Yep getting the same video pauses as yourself, if you turn off all features and sound these are reduced. The main reason tho is blood requires at least pentium 75. Dosbox can reach approx 486DX 100 currently, give this one some time.

Yep, did that when I tried to run it with WinXP/VDMsound. It works but it's laggy (strangely enough, it actually runs better). Thought I'd try it in Doxbox to see if it ran any better. If I turn up the CPU cycles enough, It'd probably run atleast as well as it does in XP (who knows what that kind of stress does to your CPU though). Heh, in a couple of years when I get my 5GHz processor, I'll come back and play Blood. 😁

Reply 6 of 8, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes BUILD games have their problems but...

Using the latest CVS build i've had excellent time playing Duke3d.
I haven't tried Blood yet.
And i did play a little bit of Shadow Warrior.
It's a little jerky still but it works quite well.

Ieremiou

Reply 7 of 8, by Comreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
priestlyboy wrote:
Yes BUILD games have their problems but... […]
Show full quote

Yes BUILD games have their problems but...

Using the latest CVS build i've had excellent time playing Duke3d.
I haven't tried Blood yet.
And i did play a little bit of Shadow Warrior.
It's a little jerky still but it works quite well.

Ieremiou

Strangely enough, Duke Nukem 3d worked just fine with plain old VDMsound and WinXP. They probably made a few additions to Build when they released Blood. I'm sure the Build games will start to run better and better as tweaks and enchantments are made to dosbox's protected mode implementation.