VOGONS

First post, by marcioxyz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm trying to play Flight Unlimited '95 in dosbox. The game runs smoothly except that the joystick doesn't work at all.
It is strange because some joystick calibration programs inside dosbox recognize it and are able to do a perfect calibration. Ubuntu also recognizes it perfectly.
For 2 weeks I tried everything I could imagine with dosbox-073.conf file and the Flight unlimited config file.

I'm using a Quickshot 3 axis joystick with a gameport to usb converter (Leadership).

Has anyone managed to use joystick in this game with dosbox?
It used to work with regular DOS and gameport.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Ubuntu 10.04 - Dosbox 0.73 - Flight Unlimited 95

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Use newer dosbox, maybe that helps

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 3, by laxin84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

bump on this thread. i'm having the same problem running the most recent version of DOSBox, a DualShock 3 with the DS3Tool program, joystick set to auto and the DS3Tool set to either PS2 or a custom mapping that I've set that works for other DOS games (WC2, Privateer, Aces over Europe).

not sure why this game is having such a problem? you can see the calibration/joystick state bouncing all over the place. not sure if it's the way this particular game samples the joystick?