VOGONS

First post, by Sensenschmied

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I´m using Dosbox 0.73 and I have a little problem with LoL. A screenshot explains it best but unfortunately the colors are all messed up when I make one. The colors are not the problem here! 😉

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=12g27.jpg

See that large chunk of blue/green/red pixels on the left? That´s how it´s *supposed* to be. The surroundings should also be like that but they are covered with black pixels. When I move my cursor over them the pixels disappear and reveal the true background. So I have to use my cursor as sort of a windshield wiper.
This does not happen in windowed mode, only full screen. When I altgr+enter out of full screen the screen looks normal and stays that way when I enter full screen again. But that doesn´t last very long since the next game screen will have those errors again. I really hate playing in windowed mode, is there a way to fix this?
Many other games work fine with Dosbox... Realms of the Haunting for example.

Reply 4 of 13, by Renewable Creation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wassup Gamer Fam. So I have been going non stop for 24 hours trying to crack into this game (I am not computer savvy so please be excruciating slow in detail). First off I am not sure if I started with two screens of DOSbox but I have two now. They both read about and I quote "CONFIG: Loading Primary Setting from config file c:/progressfiles (two arrows arround 86) dosbox/0.72conf MIDI:Opened device:wIn 22 It has also restricted keys that I can normally type anywhere else, keys like """" or \\\\\. Leaving me hopeless. I have read read read, watched a lot of video and even tried to get smarter by letting the dog have the ball. I have Windows 7 and I could have tinkered with something I shouldn't have, its been a long 24. I'll include more in a bit...

Reply 8 of 13, by Renewable Creation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also have a copy of the game but its old and a little beat up from homelessness. So if you can tell me how to just use something else (that can load the game) maybe that would work, but right now i'm honestly thinking about that config file that I think has to do with the game hellifiknow.

Reply 11 of 13, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

<Renewable Creation>: *post*

Don't do that, but edit your post if you need to add pertinent/important info. 😉

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto