VOGONS

First post, by Jamesapp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have a MacBook pro laptop running mac os x 10.7 lion.

I have been fooling around with a speech synthesizer on my mac. I have tested the synthesizer on my mac. I have a serial2usb adaptor and I have installed it's driver. I have been able to use the synthesizer with my mac. I sent text via the terminal and have gotten output. My serial device is located on my mac at

/dev/cu.usbserial-FTKVMAFF

A utilities disk written for dos came with the synthesizer. And there are some utility programs that I wanted to run. So my question is about serial port set up and dosbox.

I have edited the config file by editing serial1, I edited it as follows

serial1=realport:/dev/cu.usbserial-FTKVMAFF

I have also tried

serial1=realport:COM1 realport:/dev/cu.usbserial-FTKVMAFF

When I run a test program which was included with the synthesizer, it says my synthesizer isn't working properly?

Is the realport the /dev... directory on my mac? Is it possible I have to set up communications like baud rate parity etc in the config file?

Also is it possible my synthesizer is acting as a modem. When trying to get the synthesizer to work, I do remember reading or someone telling me that it is possible the synthesizer is acting as a modem.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Reply 4 of 4, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, like Robertmo wrote, drag

(MAC OS X) Right click on DOSBox.app, choose "Show Package Contents"->enter "Contents"->enter "MacOS"->run "DOSBox"

into a Terminal.app window (can be found in /Applications/Utilities folder).

Klimawandel.