VOGONS

Might and Magic .bin .cue files

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Sherm79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everybody!
I am new to dosbox and feeling a bit lost. I have downloaded the game Might and Magic World of Xeen but I am unfamiliar with the files that I now have. I was expecting to get all of the game files (.exe, .setup, ect) but when I unzipped the .rar file I received 2 .bin files and 2 .cue files. I have no clue what to do with these 4 files. I have tried to research the internet to figure out what to do. upon watching a youtube video I ended up installing a program called Daemon tools lite. The only thing I can get this program to do is run the .cue files. but the only thing that does is play all of the audio tracks associated with the game. The game is made up of 2 CD rom disks. One disk is for M&M4 and the other is for M&M5. The 2 disks together make the "World of Xeen" game. Does anyone out there know what I need to do to get this to run in dosbox? I am somewhat computer savy but since this is a new program for me there is a learning curve. I currently have the files located at c:\oldgames\unzip1 and c:\oldgames\unzip2. Thank you in advance for any help and go easy on me 😉

Sherm

Reply 1 of 3, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you want get any support for your downloaded game here....

but I'll just give you some clues and do whatever you want: bin/cue is a cd-rom image file , load it in daemon tools (so windows "loads" this virtual cdrom image) and then mount the virtual cdrom inside dosbox to access the image's files. From then run whatever you want from within dosbox.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 3, by Sherm79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I may be wrong but I think you called me a dirty mofo! 🤣, j/k. Like I said, this is all new to me is there a way you can dumb that down some. . . Im sure these are easy things to do, but its like reading greek atm. Thank you for the quick response though : )

Sherm