VOGONS

First post, by Acleacius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for all the great works here at DOSBox! 😎

I'm currently playing StoneKeep and Lands of Lore 2 from GOG, they are both running great with their DOSBox packages.

Is there any way to use UGE or any Editor/Trainer? As an example UGE doesn't seem to run in Win7, even trying with a DOS window to use with StoneKeep. I can use a memory editor like Cheat Engine with LoL2 by using dosbox.exe but does not seem to work on Stonekeep.

Hope this is the correct forum, it would be great to find some Editor to work with StoneKeep.

Thanks for any help. 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Isn't uge an editor for savegames and not a real time trainer? And doesn't it run in dosbox?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 6, by Acleacius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, afaik uge is a Save Editor, I mentioned trying to get either (editor or trainer) working with Stonekeep. If you know how to get it working in DOSBox or a link to info, please link me. 😉

The DOSBox I'm using with StoneKeep from GOG seems to be a little different, since game exe is not used.

Both games are fun but make trying to be a mage character near impossible. Stonekeep constantly back tracking to recharge your staff and LoL2 painfully slow Mana recharge.

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Did you just run it in dosbox?

And dosbox never uses game.exe but dosbox.exe 😉

I assume you are not 100% familiar with how Dosbox works. Dosbox has a config file with which you can set many things, among them which commands dosbox should execute on start. Gog makes use of that, this wayit seems as if the games exe is not used.

Reply 5 of 6, by Acleacius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not an expert at all, just use DOSBox on occasion and probably been 3 years since I asked for help here. 😀

Ahh my bad, well I only guessed Dosbox used the exe in commandlines for Lol2 since it was able to be read by a memory editor, which doesn't seem to work with Stonekeep.

I still don't understand what you mean by "just run UGE in Dosbox".

Are you referring to a command added in the Dosbox config? Just moving the uge.exe, gamedat.uge, Stonkeep.lst and Stonkeep.mdl to the install directory still gives the Win7 compatibility error. Same error occurs when trying to run it in a Dos window.

Thanks for any help. 😉

Reply 6 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm not 100% sure but uge is a dos program AFAiK, Dosbox is a Dos emulator - so running the one in the other seems logical to me...
Unless uge is just for ntvdm...