VOGONS

First post, by Triver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi so after playing the old DOS game Screamer (aka Bleifuss for the german version which I have) for a while I found out that the game or rather DosBox keeps crashing always on the same track and most of the time on the same point (only made it past that one or two times but it crashed again a short while after).

here's an example what it looks like when it crashes:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2495/outputkv.jpg
DosBox freezes and quits a short time after the error.

the track is the fifth one of the championships (I think it must be unlocked to play it on a quick race but once it crashes on the championship he saves the progress so you can immediately try the track again after the crash).

could it be the fault of the game or because Dosbox cannot handle it well? I as far as I can tell there is not a big difference between the english version, the menus are german but even the sound (or rather commentator) speaks english. maybe someone can confirm if he has this issue too with an english/german version?

or maybe some suggestions how to solve this problem? 😀

Reply 2 of 3, by Triver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

great I must have overlooked that when browsing through the comments.

I managed to bypass this bug with actually switching to the low quality version but this is the much better solution 😉

and yeah its also working on my version with no problems so far.

Reply 3 of 3, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had the same Problem today, i set Details to low and Track can be played.
Problem is on 5th Track of Championship, when you see a crane with a container on the left side.

But i do not find the soulution on Dosbox page...
Maybe it is to delete map5h.dat an copy map5l.dat as map5h.dat, so that both files contail the Data of map5L.dat ?

Edit: Ah, i found it:
http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=723

But i do not rename, i copy map5l.dat to map5h.dat (overwrite map5h.dat)

cd Bleifuss
cd gfx
ren map5h.dat map5h.bak
copy map5l.dat map5h.dat