VOGONS

First post, by ItsClipzZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I trying to get a dos game called pizza tycoon working on my iPad. I downloaded DosPad (dosbox for iPad) . It would run the setup programme ( sound config ) but not the game , so I decided to emulate windows 95 in DosPad and then try to run the hand through windows. But I can't get any files from the iPad onto the c:\ in windows , I can get stuff to the c:\ of Dropbox , and windows let's me save files too it's c:\ do they must be getting stored somewhere , but for some reson it appears not to be the same place as dosboxs c:\

My questions: anyone know a way to get pizza tycoon working on iPad / dosbox / DosPad

Anyone know how to install stuff to a emulated windows on a iPad ?

Reply 1 of 18, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ItsClipzZ wrote:

I trying to get a dos game called pizza tycoon

If this is a DOS game, what makes you think using Windows 95 would help? Can you perhaps give more details about what happens when you try to run the game?

But I can't get any files from the iPad onto the c:\ in windows , I can get stuff to the c:\ of Dropbox , and windows let's me save files too it's c:\ do they must be getting stored somewhere , but for some reson it appears not to be the same place as dosboxs c:\

If you are running Windows 95 in DOSBox, that means you are running it from a disk image, which means you need some way to put the files on the disk image. Because you set up Windows 95 yourself, right?

In any case, running Windows 95 in DOSBox isn't "supported" here and neither is DosPad. Does Pizza Tycoon not run under ordinary DOSBox on a desktop PC?

Reply 2 of 18, by ItsClipzZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have no pc , it broke and it's not worth fixing , can do most things with my pad or phone , the game works for others , and yes windows is on a image , and my thinking was mabye it would work because dos is built into windows ? I don't really kno just figured I'd try it .... Do you know any place where there's alot of DosPad users by any chance ? I really Want to play this game .... Well I really want to play the seccond one but it's not dos 🤣 , so now I really want to play this

Reply 3 of 18, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ItsClipzZ wrote:

the game works for others , and yes windows is on a image , and my thinking was mabye it would work because dos is built into windows ? I don't really kno just figured I'd try it ....

To be blunt, that is a pretty terrible idea, for a number of reasons.

If you want more help, then answer the question: What happens when you try to run the game in DOSBox without using a Windows 95 installation?

Do you know any place where there's alot of DosPad users by any chance ?

I suggest you Google. Better yet, why not just ask those "others" for whom the game works?

Reply 4 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you *NEED* some kind of PC or some way to get the game on it... If your only way is to download the game you are on your own anyway...
Apart from that dospad works just like dosbox does.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 18, by ItsClipzZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It does not crash it just won't load , when I try it says.

DoS/4gw protected run time version 1.95
Copyright......

And then a brief stall and my blinking blinker comes back and you can continue to type commands

Reply 7 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Pizza Tycoon was released as freeware. We do not help with pirated games.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 18, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ask where you downloaded the so called "abandonware" from.

No one here uses or supports DOSBox on the ipad.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 11 of 18, by ItsClipzZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I downloaded lots of coppies trying to get this to work . Something like www.abandiononia.com was one , why do u all hate DosPad , it's not like your a company getting paid to provide support . Saying "we don't support DosPad" ignore the DosPad part then.

Reply 12 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Actually I used dospad before and as I wrote it just works like dosbox for me. Much slower though...

We don't support pirated games. Abandonware does not make it legal.

Reply 13 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It also doesn't help thatthe dospad "author" made a quick buck on the app store with dosbox sources....

Reply 14 of 18, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ItsClipzZ wrote:

Company shutdown and copywrite expired.

Copyright does not work that way.

ItsClipzZ wrote:
It does not crash it just won't load , when I try it says. […]
Show full quote

It does not crash it just won't load , when I try it says.

DoS/4gw protected run time version 1.95
Copyright......

And then a brief stall and my blinking blinker comes back and you can continue to type commands

Might as well try to poke at this some more since the thread isn't locked yet.

What folders did you mount? What commands are you typing in after you start DOSBox?

Reply 15 of 18, by ItsClipzZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Z:
Imgmount e var/mobile/documents/hdd/pizza
Boot e:

Or
Cd hdd\pizza
Pizza

------
Same result , I have read posts saying to mount to c:
But c is mounted to var/mobile/documents by default

Reply 17 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You cannot imgmount a folder or you shouldn't, imgmount is for mounting a hard drive image.
The cd hdd/pizza
Pizza
Should work. You may try to move the folder one folder up so it is in var/mobile/documents
And do
cd pizza
Pizza

If that doesn't work, we can't help you because
- you are using a pirated copy
- you need to install the game correctly from its original cd
- there may be a problem with dospad in which case you need to ask litchie the author of dospad