VOGONS

First post, by leopard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I am new to Dos Box. I am trying to run some fairly straightforward software originally written [by me] about 20 years ago in Microsoft Basic. It has latterly been upgraded and has been running on Windows successfully for years. I have now moved to Windows 7 which will not run it.

My problem is that I can run the programs through Dos Box but I cannot work out how to enable it to see the data. Programs are in one folder and data in another, could be on same or different drive. Result is that it crashes immediately I try and access data

Would appreciate any help as to how to configure to enable software to see data

Many thanks

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Your mountings and the real location of data and program. As for crashing you should know how and when your program crashes 😉
For example when the data is not where the program expects it to be?

Also wrong forum but a mod will move it.

Oh and I hope you meant the program DOSBox and not the DOS box 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

A mod will move it. Problems with dosbox belong in the dosbox forum of course 😉

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Btw. Leopard, my first sentence was meant as a question, in the hurry I made the mistake and didn't place a question mark.
To help you we need your exact mountings and where the program and data files are on the hd.