VOGONS

First post, by PunkMaister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need to know how to enable the joysticks or gamepad I have tried the native Setup program of RR to no avail and I cannot get the mouse to operate properly within the game as it moves backwards when one moves the mouse forward and the game is not set to reverse the mouse input either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 3 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Did you play with dosbox' joystick settings? Did you do a full CD installation of RR?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 14, by PunkMaister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded the image and placed the install files in a folder and ran the install program under DOSBox and yes I've tried to set up the joysticks to no avail.

Reply 5 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Is it freeware? If not forget this thread and ask agai when you habe a legit copy..,

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 14, by PunkMaister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since even the main site you guys have all they offer is an an image download getting an actual original CD of the game is right next to impossible. And if you must know it's a freaking demo.

Reply 7 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Your first sentence is not making sense. You guys? Us? If you mean the only legal media to obtain RR is an image, go buy that image and not a warez version which may have been tampered with or just being a bad rip.
And please in the future when you have problems with a game state whether you are running the demo or the retail version. There are always differences. And who knows maybe the demo does have joystick problems

Reply 8 of 14, by Aideka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mouse aiming works fine with dosbox default settings here, atleast the demo. There is an option called "Mouse aiming flip" in game options, i enabled that and then i could aim normally, so no inverted mouse.... Not too hard eh?

And i mean the options screen IN the actual game, not the setup program, reversing mouse on setup did me no good.

8zszli-6.png