VOGONS

First post, by gumpy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having problems with Gunship by Microprose. As soon as I finish a mission and the game saves my record - the game hangs.

I'm using V429.05 of the game and DOSBOX 0.74 in Windows.

7citiesbanner.gif

Reply 1 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Are you sure that DOSBox has write access to the game directory and that the pilot roster files are not marked as read-only? Does any message appear in the Status Window? 429.05 has key-disk copy protection, so have you applied some kind of crack for that?

BTW, this game appears to have the same issue as Airborne Ranger with extended keys followed by left Ctrl or Alt. Perhaps someone can verify if the issue happens on real system with enhanced keyboards.

Reply 2 of 3, by gumpy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DosBox has access to the game directory - and the roster file is not set to read only.

No message appears in the status window either.

I have not applied a crack - I tried RawCopy but it said that it does not recognize the version.

Is there any way you could make a patch for the keys like you did for Airborne Ranger?

7citiesbanner.gif

Reply 3 of 3, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ripsaw8080 wrote:

BTW, this game appears to have the same issue as Airborne Ranger with extended keys followed by left Ctrl or Alt. Perhaps someone can verify if the issue happens on real system with enhanced keyboards.

It happens on real pc too but slightly different. You can check that when running these games in winxp too although it also slightly differs than for example 286.

Anyway on real hardware first problem depends on numlock setting. btw it blocks number keys too.

Although there is also another problem (doesn't depend on numlock setting) reproducible this way:
keep left ctrl or shift or alt pressed and than press arrow. It will also block FX keys and also number keys. You can unstuck it by pressing left alt (ctrl/shift) again.