VOGONS

First post, by daibido1123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I'm trying to get my copy of Slave Zero installed on my laptop so I can play when on the go, problem is it won't work with me. I've tried everything, and am looking at DOSbox, but even then with it, the game will not even launch the installation wizard, any advice?

Thanks!

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous
Confucius

Reply 2 of 7, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ive checked basic information about the game and It seem that the game was designed to only work on Windows ME and 95/98. There is also apparently a fan made patch that allow you to play it on newer operating system (but it require the original CD to run it). I can't seem to find it by googling, however. I don't know if semeone has that patch

One thing for sure, you can run it on DOSBOX by installing a operating system inside but it will be waaay more easier on a virtual machine like VmWARE or if you find the patch

Reply 3 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Glitchologteam wrote:

One thing for sure, you can run it on DOSBOX by installing a operating system inside

NO YOU CAN'T RUN SLAVE ZERO IN DOSBOX

There's not even any accelleration for Direct3D which Slave Zero absolutely requires

also no cdrom drive in 9x hampers things

Stop wasting your time

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 7, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

At least Starcraft runs well by itself under Win 7 x64.
There's a patch somewhere here to fix the messed up colours, you can patch the registry by hand or you can suspend explorer with Sysinternal's PsSuspend; Diablo would probably work that way too.

Reply 6 of 7, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you dont need any patch to run those game. You only need to change the background to high contrast and let the screen resolution windows open. Alot of game need that setup to run without any glitches.

Sometime setting the compatibillity to Windows 95 or 98 fix game that run only on specific system (but this do not work for installation, you really need a virtual machine for that). I don't know if this apply for slave zero, the thread author could try that