VOGONS

First post, by Picco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo,
this is the first time I try to do something with dosbox so I do not have much pre experience.

I managed to start the game in dosbox.
There is no sound beeing played even so I used the "SETSOUND.exe" witch tells me my sound is fine.
My XPmode does play sound. ( I have not the slidest idea where to find the sound board I am using)

More Important:
I move the mouse and the in-game-mouse just moves up/down or left/right. once I moved to the left I can not move down or up any more.

DOSBox-0.74 XP Mode on Win7 64Bit […]
Show full quote

DOSBox-0.74
XP Mode on Win7 64Bit

joysticktype=none
timed=false
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=false

I am alredy thanking every one who is willing to help 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You do not need to run DOSBox in XP mode; it will run fine under Windows normally. Running DOSBox in XP mode is more likely to cause problems.

You're running DOSBox from the shortcut in the Start menu and mounting your directories and so on, as described in the 60 Seconds Guide, right? Or are you running the Windows version of Ascendancy?

Reply 2 of 5, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested with my own Ascendancy 1.6 CD.
Well, the music and sound are working. The only slight trouble - default SB mixer settings in DOSBox are too silent.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 5 of 5, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe setsound is lying? Set your address, IRQ and DMA by hand using the values configured in DosBox, those can be found in your .conf file or by typing set at the prompt, if you use this last option you should see something like
BLASTER=Axxx Ix Dx Hx Tx
The x's are the numbers you should use in setsound for address, irq, dma and 16 bit dma, respectively.
DosBox 0.74 defaults to IRQ 7, your game, since it uses setsound probably defaults to IRQ 5, hence your lack of sound.