VOGONS

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone.

In setting up Darklight Conflict I find that the game crashes at the intro. The RAGE logo appears and at that point if I hit escape I can bypass the intro and the game seems to launch fine. However if I try and let the intro play, I get the following error:

VideoPlayer Fatal Error - setstreamspeed - D:\front\tgv\intro.tgv FILE IS TOO SMALL TO ESTIMATE DATA STREAM SP

My guess is that the bin/cue image I am mounting as the D:\ is running too fast. I have seen game installs before that claim my cd-rom won't work because the read speeds are too fast, or they just report back negative numbers.

Unfortunately, there is also an OUTRO and CREDITS video file in the same folder that crash with the same error. So no intro and no ending (and for those who love to watch long lists of names, no credits).

Any suggestions? My google searches turned up zero results on "setstreamspeed" issues w/ this game. I continually see this error reported by Privateer 2, but the fix on that one is related to a patch it seems.

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Try to lower the cycles manually and afterwards speed them up again

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Please make sure the movie files have a reasonable file size, and that there aren't duplicate directory entries or other apparent anomalies, when you do a DIR command within DOSBox on the mounted image.

Have you tried a build of plain SVN source such as from emucr?

Reply 4 of 6, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A 'dir' command from within dosbox of the d:\front\tgv\ reveals all three files with what appear to be correct file sizes. The intro.tgv file lists at 14,914,236 bytes.

And no, I had not tried a plain build. I was using the last stable release, 0.73. I will give the one at emucr a shot.

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

the latest stable release is 0.74, btw
0.73 is ancient

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper