VOGONS

First post, by PhoenixTW

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys

This probably has been posted before but I really am getting stuck trying to find any helps on this issue, even when I find a thread with solutions they don't work for me.

Deeper Dungeons isn't working on my DosBox, it either comes up with the ? disk symbol upon startup (after the startup vid) or it boots to the menu and when I select "Deeper Dungeons" it asks for the disk to be inserted.

Here is what I have and what I have tried:

I actually have, it appears to be rare, a two disk version of the Gold Edition; one for Dungeon Keeper and one for Deeper Dungeons. Using the guides I have found I installed Dungeon Keeper fine to DosBox and it runs perfectly.

With Deeper Dungeons I installed by doing the following:

Booted DosBox, "mount d E:\ (my cd drive) cdrom", "D:\", "D:\Setup" and then follow the steps where it asks for language select and then to type the install path of Dungeon Keeper which I input as "C:\Keeper", no problems encountered.

Then when you try and play it I encounter one of the two problems above.

I have tried downloading a gold edition iso and mounting the image, but from what I can gather all DD needs is a disk in the tray which is labelled KDDISK1 but my Deeper Dungeons install disk is labelled that anyway and still won't work (image mount or original disk).

Another thing I have tried is installing a downloadable version of Gold Edition, that didn't work. Also tried editing KEEPER.CFG to state that actual install folder rather than the default D:\KEEPER, and that didn't work either.

Sorry if this has been covered but I really can't find ANYTHING, especially with anyone who has a two disk version.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 2 of 5, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

He has the actual discs and is trying to get them to work. He tried downloads of them as possible solutions.

I don't have any advice for you OP but hopefully someone else can help.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 3 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PhoenixTW wrote:

Booted DosBox, "mount d E:\ (my cd drive) cdrom", "D:", "D:\Setup" and then follow the steps where it asks for language select and then to type the install path of Dungeon Keeper which I input as "C:\Keeper", no problems encountered.

You must be doing more than that, since otherwise it would complain there was no C drive.

Are you mounting the same folders when you install the game and when you try to play the game?