VOGONS

yukon trail not working

Topic actions

First post, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay so i have a yukon trail zip file. i also have dosbox and d-fend latest versions. i am running windows 3.11 through dosbox.
the game runs in my windows 7 with compatibility set to windows 95 but i cannot get it to play in fullscreen? how can i accomplish this?

in 3.11 on dosbox the game starts to load then comes back with the message application error integer divide by 0? what is going on there?

basically I am trying to get the game to run through d-fend reloaded somehow

EDIT!!
i got the game to run through d-fend
but i still cannot get it to load in fullscreen any suggestions?

Last edited by trebrick on 2012-08-21, 00:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 22, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sure you have already tried ALt-Enter. (i know it's a dumb question, but a professional reviewer i was talking to couldn't do that so thought i would at least ask....)

my life runs on X86

Reply 4 of 22, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Win3.x-specific = probably a GDI game, so fullscreen isn't gonna happen. Nothing to do with DOSBox; it couldn't do that originally either.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 6 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

wow really so there is no way to get it to appear larger?
the screen is maybe an 1/8 the size of my actual screen. im sure originally the game played with a larger window if not fullscreen.

Reply 7 of 22, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do other DOSBox applications (and Windows 3.1 itself) run in fullscreen if you press ALT+Enter?

If not, you'll need to change your DOSBox configuration. There are many threads about this already.

Reply 8 of 22, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

hold on... are you trying to make Yukon Trail use the full Windows 3.11 screen? that's what I assumed in my previous post (if the problem is DOSBox itself not going fullscreen, see Jorpho's reply).

this game will cover a larger area of the win3.11 screen if you tell 3.11 itself to run at a lower resolution, like 640x480. Then you can play with the DOSBox config settings and let it scale up the whole thing to your monitor's full resolution.

Reply 9 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dosbox and windows will go fullscreen just not the game. i tried the 640x480 res and the game does take up a larger portion but what do you mean by changing the settings to scale it up?
also my keyboard doesnt work and to get it to work i need to be able to type. any solution to that problem?

Reply 11 of 22, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

there are options in the config file that adjust how the DOSBox screen is scaled (e.g. windowresolution, fullresolution, scaler, render).
Keyboard not working could mean any number of things - search the forums as there have been numerous threads about such problems (or provide more details).

Reply 12 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@VileR i messed with the scaler settings and now have windows 3.11 in my full 1280x800 res. still the game only takes up about half the screen.

ill check the forums for the keyboard thing but essentially no keys work in 3.11. driver must be wrong, but you need to type to install the driver

Reply 13 of 22, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
trebrick wrote:

@VileR i messed with the scaler settings and now have windows 3.11 in my full 1280x800 res. still the game only takes up about half the screen.

You need to lower the resolution in Windows 3.11. You can change the scaler settings so that DOSBox runs fullscreen even if Windows 3.11 thinks its resolution is 640x480.

Reply 14 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yah jorpho i have 3.11 set to 640x 480 i meant to just say that it completely takes up my screen now, just that the game doesnt. someone said the game originally didnt have fullscreen which i thought was weird of the manufacturers to do unless alot of games were like that. just thought there would be a way but im thinking there isnt.

unless i can set 3.11 to an even lowere resolution? or have it somehow expand passed my screen size so that the game will take up the whole screen, because all i really use 3.11 for is the game anyway?

Reply 15 of 22, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Perhaps you should post a screenshot to make sure we are all talking about the same thing?

I did a Google search and found http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-31/3 … ivers/7463.html .

Reply 16 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i have it running in 640x480 and its alot better now heres a screenshot
game basically takes up the whole screen but not ll of it

Attachments

• screen2.gif
    Filename
    screen2.gif
    File size
    86.4 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 17 of 22, by trebrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i guess i can live with this. unless someone has another answer to get the screen to the size of the game window and to go fullscreen from there?

also does anyone know how to get the game or the folder where the game is located to open upon startup of windows 3.11?