VOGONS

First post, by manio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya there.

Well, the funny thing is the whole stuff used to work just fine , i've put some decent hours in both Jagged Alliance and Deadly Games , both patched (Deadly Games is 1.13z, can't remember the JA but quite sure was latest too) and i even put a couple of lines at dosbox.conf (0.74 v) :

mount c "C:/users/(username)/docume~1/dosbox~1/jagged~1"
mount d "f:/" -t cdrom

so to speed up the process a bit. It used to work just fine, just four or so months ago. Today i have tried everything i could find on internet with no avail . It keeps saying : "Error: Problem reading CDRom. please check"

Since it worked that time ago and since i haven't change anything, what could possible be the cause? Some windows update changing some stuff that i haven't notice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by SepticLemon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm... Have you tried making a disc image and see if that might revolve anything?

mount C "C:\users\(username)\documents\dosbox-0.74\jaggedalliance\HDD\"
imgmount D "C:\users\(username)\documents\dosbox-0.74\jaggedalliance\CD\jagged.bin" -t iso

Plus I noticed you were using fowardslashes rather than backslashes, remember it is Microsoft after all... However DOSBox allows longer file names, so no need for the "~1" at the end of all file names bigger than 8 characters.

Reply 2 of 3, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If that game uses CD tracks, you probably want to mount a .cue file, not the .bin file.
It would also be a good practice to shorten your file names to something Dos can digest and really likes, that is 8.3 naming conventions.
Just out of curiosity...is your CD/DVD/Blu-ray/thingie reader working properly? Maybe it's just failing.

Last edited by bloodbat on 2012-10-09, 08:14. Edited 1 time in total.