VOGONS

FTP client

Topic actions

First post, by usuari

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone!
I want to use a ftp client on Dosbox. I tried mTCP ftp and joshFTP but they need an ethernet adapter to work. And as I understand, dosbox doesn't emulate it. Anyone know a solution? My intention here is to be able to upload a savegame to some server.
Any input would be appreciated 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Megabuild

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Then you have to use the host and not from within Dosbox

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can try to use DOSBox's internal modem emulation to let you simulate a serial connection to another computer running DOSBox, and then use a null-modem file transfer program to transfer the file, and then upload the transferred file to an FTP server. Of course, that depends on whether JDOSBox supports that particular feature.

Reply 5 of 6, by mbbrutman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use the "megabuild" for quite a bit of mTCP development and testing.

If jdosbox gives you a virtual serial port linked to the host then you can configure mTCP to use PPP or SLIP over it. You will need a PPP or SLIP daemon running on the other side; Linux/Unix machines provide this. I have PPP/SLIP instructions in mTCP but I used physical machines and a null modem cable. The process will be similar though.

Reply 6 of 6, by usuari

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found the jdosbox version with ne2000 support. Then I was able to use mtcp with jnetpcap library on the host.
If anyone wants to use this, the jdosbox pcap version is (only) located inside 0.74.25 zip.

Oh good old times, how many nights I got addicted until the sun came up! I will try to moderate myself this time..

Thank you all for your support 😉