VOGONS

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is not the adventure Hugo of Hugo's House of Horrors, rather it is Hugo the Troll as seen here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/hugo

mount commands:
mount c .\games\Hugo
imgmount d .\games\Hugo\cd\hugo1.cue -t cdrom

Starting up the install process works fine, however when I choose the install location (c:\hugo\) it claims "Invalid Destination Disk".

I tried messing with the freesize modifier to see if maybe it thought the C: wasn't large enough, however this didn't help.

Debug stats "BIOS: Disk 127 non-existant"

I've never had dosbox come back and tell me a plainly mounted drive doesn't exist.

I've also tried copying the files over without running the install, but I haven't had any luck there either.

edit:
I have made some progress by copying the files over and renaming dos4gw.dat to dos4gw.exe. Now the game will begin to load before stating there is an error accessing the cd drive.

It appears to be due to the fact the hugo.cfg file was not populated with info during the install.

edit2:
moved the 4hugo.dat file to the root, and the game starts now. Now trying to figure out how to get sound since it was never defined during install.

Reply 2 of 3, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you, your fix worked great. My searches for hugo kept turning up the other one.

This surprises me though that there are more than one of these hugo games for dos. I had seen Hugo 2 and onward listed as a windows game.... So that is helpful as well. Thanks.