VOGONS

Star Wars: X-Wing (B-Wing Tour of Duty)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by FreeFall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if this is a DOSBox issue or some other bug. This game runs great without any issues for me when I do a base installation, and after I install the Imperial Pursuit Tour of Duty add-on. However, once I install the B-Wing Tour of Duty add-on, my cockpit renderings get all borked. Otherwise, everything seems fine. Installation completes, I have the new B-Wing tour, I can go through the mission briefings and load the simulations. The B-Wing cockpit even seems to be ok. But, the X-Wing, A-Wing cockpits are borked.

I have a feeling this is not DOSBox related, but I'm wondering if anyone else has played this and seen the same thing?

Reply 1 of 2, by FreeFall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I fixed the problem. The B-Wing Tour of Duty patch includes updated XWING.INT, YWING.INT, and AWING.INT files that are supposed to over-write the existing files in the XWING\CP directory. Apparently, when the patch is installed within DOSBox, these files are not over written. The original files remain.

I ran a second install of the patch using a different installation directory, C:\BWING, rather than the game directory, C:\XWING. This decompresses the new, updated files, and you can access them via Windows Explorer. Over-write the old files in the same relative directory where the game is installed, typically C:\XWING\CP, and all should work fine.

I attribute this to a DOSBox bug whereby files are not being overwritten in the DOSBox environment when a patch such as this attempts to do so. My .02.

Reply 2 of 2, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh man, I know this is a super old thread, but I recently installed X-Wing and both expansions (got them all in mind big boxes from eBay), and noticed the same issue with the B-Wing expansion. Thanks a million of this info! Worked like a charm. Strange that these files were not overwritten by DosBox? Anyway, installing to another directory and copying the files manually works perfectly!