VOGONS

Corridor 7 - Alien Invasion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by UnFrSaKn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone ever gotten this game to run cutscenes? Ever since the game came out ten years ago, it has always froze with a black screen just before the Capstone logo. Same goes for all of the cinematics. I always thought it had to be the game disk because this was even back on a 486. I still have the original copy and the same thing happens. Except now it doesn't crash because I use Windows XP and you can get back to windows by alt+enter. I've never gotten to the bottom of this all these years. Using 'nowait' in the command line gets the game to work. No music, but that's all. If you finish the game, it locks up again before the last cinematic. Wish there was a way to run it without the cd, and still get cinematics working and the cd music. Is this just a fluke from a bad cd or has anyone had this happen? For the first time, using DosBox, I saw the cinematics. I'm thinking it has to do with MSCDEX, but I hardly know anything about this under WinXP. After doing mount d d:\ -t cdrom, and saying MSCDEX installed, it works. Anyone out there get it to work without using DosBox? Probably doesn't matter, but I use a 3ghz Alienware laptop. 1gb ram. ati radeon 9000 video card. WinXP HE.

Will

Reply 1 of 2, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have demo from an old shareware CD and it freezes at the beginning of the first level (executes nop instructions ).
Full version (found on the web) works fine. I doesn't have movies though. Maybe your old hardware wasn't fully compatible with game or it simply is very buggy.