VOGONS

Magic Carpet

Topic actions

First post, by walshy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It runs way to fast normally so I tried dosbox and i get to the directory with the 'carpet exe' in it and when i type carpet it gives me this message, "Illegal Command DOS4GW"

How can I get Magic Carpet to run, i'm kinda confused as to what this message means?

Thanks.

I try to do, what I can do, when I can do it.

Reply 1 of 3, by walshy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i figured out how to get it running, a mistake on my part, however a couple things i'm still confused about.

It runs in a small window, and after looking at the readme i still can't figure out how to make it fullscreen, also i need to make the game run a bit faster as now it is too slow, so how do i do that? Thanks.

I try to do, what I can do, when I can do it.

Reply 2 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I suggest you read the readme again

especially the part:

=============
Special Keys:
=============

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 3, by Slayer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey, im trying to run magic carpet too. isnt it great!!! anyways, u can speed up the emulation by pressing Ctrl F12, and decrease with Ctrl F11 ( but if u would read the manual, you'd know that!) But how fast is your CPU? i got a AMD 800mhz right now, and its too slow to run magic carpet smoothly, even when i bring the emulation speed up, so u might just need a faster processor. aperently, i think v. 0.58 is faster, but im not too sure.

Some men remember things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not.