VOGONS

Harvester : swapping CDs

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Merrymaker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I will. I'll try to find the time to do that this evening.

FYI I'm still using DOSBox 0.63 (waiting 'patiently' 🙄 for the next version of D-Fend). If you are using the new 0.65 version of DOSBox, there might have been changes in how this disc swapping is done.

If you are running DOSBox on Linux, Windows 2k or XP have you enabled ioctl on your mounted (real or virtual) CD-ROM drive?

I also hope that you are running a legitimate version of Harvester? I suppose a pirated/cracked version could cause problems like this...

What ever the case... I'll send the savegame as soon as I can.

Reply 21 of 24, by Mierdamakus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using the last version of DosBox and D-Fend v.2, because it version supports the game "D" (other original game that I bought a long time and never played). But, I'll try to use your DosBox version, what must I do to config the game, please?

Thanks again.

Reply 22 of 24, by Merrymaker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well... my mad rush at school is basically over for now. So let's get back to the issue at hand.

The X-drive is the physical hard drive where I installed the game from DOSBox (mounted the folder X:\Oldies\Adventure as C and the DT created virtual drive as a CDROM that had the iso-image of CD1 mounted.)

The Y-drive is the virtual drive created by DT.

In other words, my mounting settings in D-Fend are as follows:

Folder/Image ; As ; Letter ; Label ; IO Ctrl

X:\Oldies\Adventure ; Drive ; C ; DOSSI ; true
Y:\ ; CDROM ; D ; ; true

You can use the following autoexec in DOSBox to do the mounting (of course the drive paths are not likely correct for your system):

mount C "X:\Oldies\Adventure" -ioctl -label DOSSI
mount D "Y:\" -t cdrom -ioctl
C:
cd\
cd \HARVEST\
HARVEST.EXE

Here are my CPU settings:

[cpu]
core=normal
cycles=14000
cycleup=500
cycledown=500

B.T.W. I updated my previous post of 2006-5-06 @ 10:30 am with the ", unmount the image" part...

This works just fine for me when follwing the instructions I wrote earlier.

Reply 24 of 24, by Mierdamakus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's a new error, but maybe this one doesn't have relation with DosBox.
I speak with the Guardian in order to be member of his Society, I have done all tests, but he repeat the last conversation.
I read a guide, and it would not have to happen, I might go into the Temple.
Any idea for this problem? Thanks again