VOGONS

First post, by Ashir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I have two questions:

1. Is the 3DFX version of Whiplash working with the glide emulation?, if so, what's the config to make start?

2. Any config to make this heavy game more smoothly?. Right now I'm running it with a Core i7 @ 3.6 GHz and 12 GB RAM using Dynamic/Max and I'm having about 25 FPS (says fraps).

I'm using D-Fend Reloaded v1.3.4 and DOSBox 0.74.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1. No. The game is using statically linked glide and is working only with a real Voodoo1 or Voodoo2.
2. More raw processor power. Because glide for this game is emulated by CPU only.
25 FPS? Are you sure there is no in-game FPS limiter in Whiplash?

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 2 of 4, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Gamecollector wrote:

1. No. The game is using statically linked glide and is working only with a real Voodoo1 or Voodoo2.
2. More raw processor power. Because glide for this game is emulated by CPU only.

I found this a little confusing to read, so a re-work....
1. Due to Whiplash using statically linked Glide, this game should in theory work with kekko's 3dfx Voodoo emulation patch for DOSBox (built in to ykhwong's DOSBox Daum builds, among others?). It will not work with gulikoza's Glide wrapper patch.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 4, by Ashir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gamecollector wrote:

I didn't explain myself right enough. I mean, a config for software mode. I'm having about 25 FPS in software mode...

Reply 4 of 4, by Ashir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
Gamecollector wrote:

I found this a little confusing to read, so a re-work....
1. Due to Whiplash using statically linked Glide, this game should in theory work with kekko's 3dfx Voodoo emulation patch for DOSBox (built in to ykhwong's DOSBox Daum builds, among others?). It will not work with gulikoza's Glide wrapper patch.

Well I just download ykhwong's DOSBox Daum build and you were right, it runs!.

Wow, this game never runs so smoothly before... A real shame you lost full GUI while using 3DFX executable 😢

Thanks anyway...