VOGONS

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I tried doing an advanced search at mobygames but it seems you cannot search by hardware specs? 😵 I'd like to in-depth test DOSBOX's GUS emulation.

Reply 3 of 7, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I'd like to in-depth test DOSBOX's GUS emulation.

I´m interested in results that you will get. I´ve tried some games with Gravis and results were mixed. In Discword 1 is sound fine, but in Discworld 2 and Bud Tucker (both games use Miles sound setup from 1995) is lots of static noise. I wonder if I can avoid this somehow. Frameskip or cycles changes have no effect, with Sound Blaster Pro is sound without any static, but otherwise its quality seems to be inferior. If anybody is interested, I´ve attached MP3 files with that static sound.

Attachments

• Filename
    Gravis.zip
    File size
    276.93 KiB
    Downloads
    240 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 7, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looking into it now. I was experiencing clicking with my MT-32 emulation and was able to solve what was causing it there (severe oversampling) but I've checked and that's not what's causing it with these programs. I'll post again when I've figured it out.

Reply 6 of 7, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is rather old thread, I just wanted to say that the GUS clicking is still there in 0.62.
update: Another game with GUS problems is Gene Machine. If GUS is selected for music, setup crashes. If for digital audio, there is clicking in the game.

Last edited by Jiri on 2004-10-14, 20:52. Edited 1 time in total.