VOGONS

First post, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The two prior titles by Papyrus (Indianpolis 500 and Indy Car Racing) work fine on DosBox, but Indy Car Racing II doesn't work. Stdout.txt reads:

"Exit to error: IRET to lower privilege"

Is there a setting I can change?

Reply 3 of 8, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cute.

I hoped perhaps there was some other known setting for this particular game that I hadn't yet discovered via trial-and-error. Similar to how someone here on the forum helped me get Star Control II working.

I was able to get other Papyrus titles working by disabling XMS/EMS and enabling DPMI. That didn't seem to work with this one.

Reply 5 of 8, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know that VDMSound is a good product, and in fact it worked well for some other games I was playing.

But when I discovered DosBox and got it working for all of the games I was trying to get working at the time, I deinstalled VDMSound because I wanted to use one, and only one, DOS-game-player product. DosBox seemed to do what I needed it to do at the time, and VDMSound was very tricky to configure and I was unable to get it to work with all of the games. Since DosBox is easier to configure and seems to work with more of the games more easily, I'm trying to concentrate my efforts on getting all the games working under DosBox.

However, you're right in that, if I can't get DosBox to run that particular game, then I should reinstall VDMSound and use it with that game. I'm sure that would work.