VOGONS

Help getting obscure DOS game 'Holy Island' working

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by macaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

In 1997 a dos game called 'Holy Island' was released only in Taiwan, an RPG with real time battles and extremely detailed pixel art.

The only image of the box available on the net, there are no screenshots on the net at all:
7FwgeyB.jpg

I have uploaded the game here, hopefully this isn't illegal as the company that made the game has been defunct for over 15 years and their IP appears to be in limbo: [link removed] (click Holy.rar at the top to download the game without accidentally getting the sites stupid manager program)

The CD has a setup file on it. In the games setup menu the first option is to install the game, the other options relate to sound setup. I haven't been able to install the game from the first option because there is some message that appears in Chinese that I cant read. The Chinese guy that uploaded the image (a very long time ago) said to just copy the contents of the CD to a drive and then run GAME.EXE.

I did that, but when running GAME.EXE I just get a black screen once its loaded. I can hear music, but only ever get a black screen. I am using dosbox 0.74. If anyone can figure out how to fix this I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much if anyone can help.

Extra note: In the setup program when clicking the music config options you will choose from a list of sound options and then be given a menu in Chinese. The first option is to auto detect the settings (IRQ, DMA etc) and the second option is to do it manually. the other options go back to previous menu's.

Reply 1 of 1, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Software, or links to it, are allowed here only if free of copyright or specifically released by the copyright holder. There is no such thing as abandoned copyright that is legally recognized; and copyright takes about 75 years to expire, unless renewed.

Support is not provided here for games that you "downloaded somewhere" and for which you do not own a legal license to use. Ask for help where you downloaded the game.