VOGONS

AOTP Problems

Topic actions

First post, by Force9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have my heart set on playing Aces of the Pacific again, but I'm having many difficulties getting it to run, mainly due to my lack of knowledge and experience...
I flipped when I saw your program; my old 386 (my last resort for getting it to run) died on me today, 😖 . I tried downloading it and running it on DOSBox, but it runs slow really slow and the sound is primitive (just a bunch of beeps) and choppy. Can anyone tell me how to get it running normal? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 😁 (Please don't forget that I'm really new at this ;P)

Edit:
I forgot my 'puter info.
Motherboard and processor: AMD Athlon, MMX, ~1150 Ghz
Vid Card: SiS 300/305, 32 MB
Sound Card: Creative SBPCI Direct Sound Driver
RAM: 256 MB
I tried playing with the CPU cycle and frame skip like the readme said, but it's still not satisfactory, not to mention it doesn't help the sound any. I also can't figure out how to get the Sound Blaster emu running.

What?

Reply 4 of 6, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

have you tried using Ctrl+F12 (increase cpu cycles) and Ctrl+F8 (frameskip) yet?

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.

Reply 5 of 6, by Force9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, they help, but it still wont perform like it used to. I've already read about how it may not run as fast as it normally can because it's so draining to emulate VGA, but I'm praying for more speed if possible. Can someone tell me (dumbed down 😜) how to get the soundblaster emu working?

What?