VOGONS

First post, by kreative_70eight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys. I have a conundrum for all you techies; I recently re-purchased Ecstatica 2 (1996 Andrew Spencer Studios via Psygnosis, 32 bit). I discovered shortly thereafter, that it doesn’t work on my 64 bit Win7 PC. So I downloaded DosBox and then also MagicDisc, created a folder and two images of the ancient CD-ROM, one entitled ECSTAT~2.rar (extracted) and ECSTAT~2.uif (compressed).

Herein lies my malfunct; If I enter “My Games” via Magic Disc’s “Make CD/DVD Image” tab, I see two shiny new files nestled within it’s sanctum, yet if I enter via Windows Explorer or via the Start button, they appear to be off on a Sunday drive in the Ferrari.

Question #57; How do I / is it possible to access these files via DosBox or are they analogous to a particular cat in a certain box? 😀 / 😵

Reply 2 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If this is a DOSBox question, you should ask in the DOSBox forum. This forum is for running Windows games in Windows.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kreative_70eight wrote:

So I downloaded DosBox and then also MagicDisc, created a folder and two images of the ancient CD-ROM, one entitled ECSTAT~2.rar (extracted) and ECSTAT~2.uif (compressed).

.rar and .uif? Those are not typical CD-ROM image formats and I have no idea how you would have created them. I'm not sure I've even heard of MagicDisc before. I recommend using ImgBurn; it will create images in BIN/CUE format.

The only way you will be able to access these images in DOSBox is if you mount them in MagicDisc and then mount the MagicDisc's virtual CD-ROM drive in DOSBox. If you cannot figure out how to mount the images in MagicDisc, I suggest you stop using MagicDisc. 😜

Reply 6 of 6, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MagicDisc is the mounting application for MagicISO. I would just use MagicISO to create an ISO image and mount that directly in DOSBox. I don't get why you bothered with RAR or UIF, nor why tou named them ECSTAT~2. Actual the concatenation might be why they don't appear in Windows 7.