VOGONS

First post, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I start up dosbox and mount c and a using

mount c c:\games
mount a a:\ -t floppy

When I put the 1st floppy I run install. It then prompts me to enter disk 9. I should not have to do control-F4 because I mounted the floppy with the -t switch. After it runs disk 9, it asks me to insert disk 1 again. I do that and hit enter. It keeps asking me to enter disk 1. I tried control-f4 and everything. Has anybody else come across this? I have three copies of pacific strike so I tried 3 different disk 1s and they all kept prompting for disk 1 after it was read so I doubt it's a corrupt disk.

-Tristan

Reply 3 of 6, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Copy the PACIFIC.ZIP files from floppy #1 to #8 in a folder named PS (located in your mounted c folder) and rename them PACIFIC.z01 to PACIFIC.z08, copy the files from floppy #9 in the same directory.
Extract the splitted zip files using the software of your choice.
Run dosbox and run c:\ps\install.exe to configure the audio.

You'll have to do the same steps to install the speech pack from its 4 floppy disks.
And there is a patch available at ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/patches/pacific/

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 6 of 6, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is a multi-part archive and pkunzip can only handle those from multiple volumes, you'll need winzip or winrar (wich is what I'm using).

From where you want the data unzipped, c:\games\ps\pkunzip a:\pacific.zip with disk #9 in the drive
it will ask for disk #1 and so on...wich is what the installation is doing anyway...
I just did it in Windows 2000 commandline.
What OS are you using?

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics