VOGONS

First post, by scottw666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When running privater (and xargon) dosbox calibrates my top left, and center joystick settings but won't accept the bottom right with the controller in the bottom right position no matter how many times I press the buttons 😀.

With privateer I have to unplug the joystick to get past the calibration screen (it would be cool if there was an option in dosbox.conf to turn off the joystick), but privateer then crashes with this error:

Memory: Original Current Used
'NEAR somenumbers
'FAR somenumbers
'HIGH somenumbers

Fatal Error
Error: D002-FFFF Program halted code

the dosbox console has the error: Exit to error pagefault didn't correct table

I'm running the latest "cvs"

Is this a known issue? By crusader no regret runs beautifully 😀. Crusader no remorse has some issues where the sound plays and then i walk forward a step and then i pause and the sound plays and i walk forward. Could be computer speed but regret doesn't do it. (AMD 1800XP)

Keep up the great work I love this program.

Reply 3 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

if you decouple your joystick before starting dosbox.
privateer will not find a joystick....
At least not at my place.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well it starts up.
then the screen where you can select new game and quit and so
then I quit. (which leeds to crash)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
uffjohn wrote:

I noticed it works when I choose Sound Blaster instead of Sound Blaster Pro or 16... does dosbox emulate Sound Blaster 16? if not, is there a way to make it?

Did you try reading the REAME.txt that came with DOSBox?

README.txt wrote:
Q: What sound hardware does DosBox presently emulate? A: DosBox emulates several legacy sound devices: - Internal PC speaker […]
Show full quote

Q: What sound hardware does DosBox presently emulate?
A: DosBox emulates several legacy sound devices:
- Internal PC speaker
This emulation includes both the tone generator and several forms of digital sound output through the internal speaker.
- Creative CMS/Gameblaster
The is the first card released by Creative Labs(R). The default configuration places it on port 0x220. It should be noted that enabling this with the Adlib emulation may result in conflicts.
- Tandy 3 voice
The emulation of this sound hardware is complete with the exception of the noise channel, which is not very well documented and as such is only a best guess as to the sound's accuracy.
- Adlib
Borrowed from MAME, this emulation is almost perfect and includes the Adlib's ability to almost play digitized sound.
- SoundBlaster Pro
Coupled with the Adlib, DosBox provides Soundblaster Pro level 8-bit stereo sound.

- Disney Soundsource
Using the printer port, this sound device outputs digital sound only.
- Gravis Ultrasound
The emulation of this hardware is nearly complete, though the MIDI capabilities have been left out since an MPU-401 has been emulated in other code.
- MPU-401
A MIDI passthrough interface is also emulated. This method of sound output will only work when used with a General Midi or MT-32 device.

--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions