VOGONS

First post, by necrolust

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was playing through the QfG series with DOSBox .59, and it ran fine up until Quest for Glory 4. The music worked, but sound only worked as long as music was off, and not even always then. The game gave "Granulation errors" while quitting, and even killed DOSBox. At the time I was using C-Media onboard sound, so I figured this was the problem.
The other day, I tried again with DOSBox .61. By now I have a SB Live! 5.1 card, so I figured between the new card and the new version, I would be okay. But I have the same damn problem. I couldn't believe it. Has anybody gotten this game to run successfully? It runs like crap, but I could live with that as long as the sound worked.

paul@rvt.com

Reply 1 of 1, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got through most of the game using 0.60 ( I had some problems with timer issues at the very end and had to use a CVS version with the DPMI turned off) Of course I was using the CD version and running on Linux.
You might want to try using patches for the game as well as playing around with some of the configurations within the installer or by editing the resource.cfg.
As for speed it seemed quite fine at about 5000 cycles for the CPU.