VOGONS

First post, by Atrus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some questions about this great classic by Psygnosis:

In order to hear sound effects, i downloaded "Updated DOS Drivers for SBPro 2 (CT-1600) (v1.0) (OLD)" as robertmo suggested. What must be done next? Just copy the file ct-voice.drv in a directory and adjust the autoexec with SET SOUND=... ?

Also, has anyone managed to make the roland option to work? It says at the readme file that the interrupt must be set to 2!

Finally, i have the cdrom version of the game which is exactly the same with the floppy version.(no speech) Had the game been released in a speech version? Innocent until caught 2 (Guilty) had been and it was awesome! 😉

Viva la Revolucion

Reply 2 of 6, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Still cannot get to work...I've downloaded the ct-voice driver and put it into the 'drv' folder in my Innocent Until Caught folder, but I still get the "Unable to install sound driver. Please refer to manual." message. This happens with both VDMSound and DosBox. Any ideas where I may be going wrong??
Thanks.

Reply 4 of 6, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Still no go. Does the game have to be on the c drive as well? I put ct-voice.drv in c:\utilities\drv and added line in dosbox.conf 'set sound=c:\utilities'. My game is 'e:\games2\innocent'. In Dosbox, I type:

mount e e:\
e:
cd games2\innocent
innocent

Unable to install sound driver.
Please refer to manual.

Thanks for any help.

Reply 6 of 6, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Changed driver location to c:\drivers\drv and adjusted dosbox.conf autoexec line to 'set sound=c:\drivers'....same result. I even tried forcing SB sound with flag: iuc /b+ with no difference. Thanks for any help.