VOGONS

First post, by Ashir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys:

I'm trying to play Test Drive, but as reported in this post Running test drive on dosbox 0.73, you can't accelerate and turn at the same time...

Now, let me tell you guys, this is NOT a game behavior thing. I played this game untill my fingers bleed, with different keyboards, different PC's, different MS-DOS versions... Me and my pals could always accelerate and turn at the same time.

I try playing it with a joystick (a cordless rumblepad 2), same problem. I rebind the control keys using the mapper, same problem...

I saw this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0TdI3Ylr4w where the uploader says it was using a special config. If you notice, he can both accelerate AND turn.

Any help on this matter is highly appreciated.

Reply 1 of 1, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I too played this game a lot in the '80s on my 8088 and I don't remember it having problems registering simultaneous keys being pressed. However when I tried to play it years later on faster computer I also noticed this problem of not being able to accelerate and turn at the same time, which makes the game too awkward to play. Could it be related to clock speed? Maybe the game only plays properly on an XT?

Hard Disk Sounds