VOGONS

No music in Heroes of Might & Magic

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Then I suggest log in to gog and download the newest package.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 22 of 32, by HOMM8695

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Indeed I already did, and thus I will let know if in this version, it works. Therefore requiresthough that before can install the version of SoundBlaster 16 from SETUP.EXE (or INSTALL.EXE) regarding setup of audio, video and LAN connection of Heroes of Might & Magic. And then see if it works with the music. I will let know further detailsstill in future updates. Thank you for your kind availability.

Reply 24 of 32, by HOMM8695

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Originally, I had another issue: could not find change sound quality from 8-bit to 16-bit audio, with SB-SoundBlaster, but for which I found a solution. In 8-bit music was present, while in 16bit becomes missing, that is it lacks the music only in 16bit, understand?

Reply 25 of 32, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Can you actually hear the difference between 16 and 8 bit ? It might be that the same samples are used in both cases. (I didn't check, will check the 16 bit sound mode later)

However, it would have been nice if you told us that you changed the settings and are aiming for 16 bit sound... Would have made the troubleshooting a lot easier !!

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 29 of 32, by HOMM8695

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On here, you should use more or less the same formula as that I showed you, but for this there is a change, and then you switch to this (you have to change on dosbox.conf):

ECHO OFF
mount C "."
imgmount d "homm1.gog" -t iso
c:
cls
IPXNET startServer
NETBIOS.EXE
cls
loadfix -4 setup.exe

However if does not start, then continue typing SETUP.EXE, so enters the setup of audio, video and LAN of the game. On this case, use 1,8,3 and 4. Then see the re-edit formula and put "HEROES.EXE" and "exit" final. And try to see if in the game, in the audio 16-bit music there or not.

I'm glad you're in my center of this state, I hope a solution as soon, meanwhile, will retry to install game it again as recommended. Thanks.