VOGONS

Privateer with Dosbox 0.61

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 26, by Dervish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi... I have similar problems to people that have been discussed here... D002-ffff just after trying to load priv.exe, which gets past the EMS crap but gives me a screen with the top third just a bunch of alternating vertical grey and blue lines, and then the D002-ffff of death.

sound blaster set to i7/p220, and have tried all permutations of dosbox.conf irq/port settings and privateer install irq/port setting of soundblaster

EMS off, XMS either

athlon 900
sblive
radion 64
WinXP

can anyone help?

Reply 21 of 26, by Acimus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nomad:

Does anybody know how to get privater to run smoothly? It frames badly when there are lots of objects on the screen.

Wait 'till version 0.62 is released... By testing the latest compiled CVS-version of Dosbox, I can say that Privateer will run "perfectly" on it.

Reply 22 of 26, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Close to near prefect. At least with my Privateer CD version (half Privateer/RF and Strike Commander) everything runs well except if you watch the FMV intro where he says something about paying the bills and it crashes DosBox (CVS latest at mypixels.dk) i think it was an Exception 14 something.

Anyways just thought I'd mention that here.

Ieremiou
----------
DosBox CVS Binary Maintainer @ mypixels.dk/forums

Reply 24 of 26, by Halconnen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The D002-FFFF error seems to appear when the IRQ port for the soundcard is set wrong, even switching sound emulation off doesnt fix it. Try changing the IRQ to 5 (default is 7) the screen with the blue/gray lines will still appear for a few seconds but the game starts then (if that doesnt work try other IRQ numbers)

Reply 25 of 26, by ginger_sonny

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ive got one for you guys....

got the EMS memory problem fixed, check....i think 'oh, yes, finally i can play one of my favourite games of all time'....but no...it comes up with

Privateer CD not found

JEMM unloaded

as far as i can tell, the CD is in the drive....im thinking maybe because my CD drive is drive E: that its not reading it? but i had the same problem on my old computer, and my cd drive on there is D:

any ideas or help guys? thanks