VOGONS

First post, by Vovin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get nor music nor sound effects in MoM! (i get perfect sound in other games, like Dark Legions)

can anyone tell me a few sound configs (running MoM install.exe) that work with the default dosbox.conf for 0.61? Using any soundblaster type in 220 IRQ7 and all possible DRQ's doesn't work.

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

sound should work fine.
On well. I'll probably look it up tonight and post it here

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by mr_zen256

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sounds in Master of Magic is working fine over here. I select General Midi for music and Soundblaster Pro (later) for sound. My sound card environment is "base=220 irq=7 dma=1". Good luck.

Reply 3 of 6, by Vovin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the help!

I have it working now! i just downloaded again v1.31! i must have some sort of corruption on my old 1.31 MoM copy. Should have tried that in first place.

now i hear it again:

"OLD MAN! YOU SEEK THE SPELL OF MASTERY!"

Ahhh.....

I just hope someday someone makes a multiplayer version! I would really like to obscure the daylight with global enchantations so that my troops could crush other human players with a wave of pestilence and human sacrifice!

MUAHAHA!

Reply 5 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

mutliplayer version exists.
There is some wrapper coded around it.
Look at the mom page at underdogs.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 6, by Vovin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

naaa! that lame multiplayer shell doesn't count!

The Tactical combat doesn't work and that's half the game!

What's the fun of casting anything that affects combat overland if the only factor that decides the battle outcome is wich army is not AI controlled?

You can summon Jesus allmighty and pump his l33t everything with Life magic that a pack of zombies will still defeat him if he gets so unlucky to be ambushed! ( AI controls the defending player army - and in a even worst way, cause it's magical power will be far lesser than what it would have available in a single player game )

And on top of that, Jay Barnett released a tweaked unregistered version and disapeared into thin air... nobody can contact him to pay for the registered version.

=(